Videos: Spurs star Gareth Bale bags a goal & assist for Wales
- February 6, 2013
It was another hugely productive night for Gareth Bale as the Spurs flyer once again got on the scoresheet for the third time in a week.
After firing Golazos for Tottenham at Norwich and West Brom, Bale’s fine form continued with a goal for Wales as they beat Austria 2-1.
Bale grabbed the opener from a fine lofted ball by Joe Allen. The Spurs forward took the ball down expertly, cutting in from the right, and finished on his left foot with ease.
It was also from a right wing position, where Bale has often performed for Wales, that the Tottenham winger set up the second Wales goal for Sam Vokes to head home.
Mindful of Spurs’ game with Newcastle on Saturday, Bale was substituted on the hour mark to a standing ovation from the Wales home support.
Afterwards, Bale said: “It was good to get out [and play], it’s midweek so obviously it is difficult with weekend games coming up, but it was great to get out there, great to get a goal especially a win for the whole nation.”
Videos of Gareth Bale’s goals and assists can be seen below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]