- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
[Videos] Manchester United’s Robin van Persie stars with a brace for Holland v Romania
After going over a month without a goal for Manchester United, at a crucial time of the season, it looks like Robin van Persie has come back into form.
RVP claimed his first goal since Manchester United’s 2-0 win over Everton in February when he scored on Friday night against Estonia and this evening the Dutch hitman claimed a brace in a 4-0 victory over Romania.
The Manchester United hitman scored Holland’s second and third as Louis van Gaal’s side cruised to an easy win in Group D.
Robin van Persie has now notched 34 goals for the Dutch national team, overtaking Johan Cruyff in the process who was on 33 and is now only 8 behind their all-time leading goal scorer Patrick Kluivert.
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will no doubt be pleased, especially about the opening goal which was a fine header.
Both of Robin van Persie’s goals v Romania are below, on official videos provided by the Dutch football association.
- Updated: March 26, 2013