Videos: AVB scouts Gary Hooper for Spurs, Celtic striker scores 2 v Dundee United
- January 22, 2013
Is Gary Hooper the answer to Tottenham’s striker shortage?
Andre Villas-Boas spent this evening at Celtic Park to watch the SPL leaders crush Dundee United 4-0. Ironically, the Spurs boss was seated next to Sir Alex Ferguson, which could well have been a little awkward after Sunday’s events.
After the draw with Manchester United on Sunday, AVB discussed the fact Tottenham only have one out-and-out striker on their books currently, with Emmanuel Adebayor at the Africa Cup of Nations. (The Togo hitman missed a sitter v Ivory Coast today.)
Norwich’s recent interest in Gary Hooper likely pushed Spurs to show their hand and it is a reflection of Celtic’s superb Champions League campaign that two Premier League bosses scouted their 4-0 victory over Dundee United this evening.
Hooper has just 18 months left on his contract and is rumoured to be available for around 8 million pounds. Speculation in Scotland suggests that he will leave Celtic in either this or the next transfer window, despite Neil Lennon’s recent assertion that he won’t depart before February 1st.
The 24-year-old striker may well have impressed the watching Tottenham boss as he scored the first and third (cheeky back heel) goals for Celtic which can be seen on the videos below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]