Video: Wayne Bridge snubs John Terry again (Chelsea-West Ham)
- April 24, 2011
With much less fanfare compared to the first time it happened, Wayne Bridge ignored John Terry before West Ham’s 3-0 defeat at Chelsea on Saturday.
In February 2010, the former England left back famously snubbed his former best mate during the pre-match handshakes following the tabloid stories over Vanessa Perroncel.
Bridge ended up a victor that day as Manchester City emerged as 4-2 winners over Chelsea – video of the first handshake snub here.
Yesterday, there was much less fanfare, but it was the first time Terry had played against Bridge in 14 months, as the full back missed Manchester City’s 1-0 win over Chelsea earlier this season.
On the first occasion it was Bridge walking past the opposition and he had no problem ignoring Terry. For the second time it was the other way round and Bridge simply looked away with boos ringing round Stamford Bridge but did shake the hand of the Chelsea mascot with John Terry.
The Terry/Bridge feud joins that of William Gallas and Samir Nasri who have also refused to shake hands in two pre-match handshake rituals.
Related videos:Â Fernando Torres’ first goal for Chelsea.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...