Video: Watch Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker, Bacary Sagna & Lukas Podolski dance the “Malta Guinness Low Sugar Workout”
- July 30, 2012
Whilst most of the Arsenal squad have been in Asia limbering up for the new season, with most recently a defeat to Manchester City and draw with Kitchee, a few other Gunners have appeared in Nigeria to represent the north London club.
Per Mertesacker, Bacary Sagna & Lukas Podolski were sent to Nigeria on a relationship-building trip to Lagos and took part in an off-the-pitch commitment, agreed before a pre-season match had been cancelled.
Besides meeting a large contingent of Arsenal supporters, Mertesacker, Sagna and Podolski took part in the “Malta Guinness Low Sugar Workout” as the three Gunners busted some moves on the dance floor.
In particular, pictures of giant German defender Mertesacker have been doing the rounds even before the scratchy video evidence of the dancing came to light.
A number of Arsenal fans have already renamed the giant centre back “Merteswagger” whilst the video below suggests the injury fears surrounding Podolski missing the start of the season could be unfounded. Sagna meanwhile, has no problem pulling off the dancing.
As of yet, there has been no reaction from Arsene Wenger on the video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”208241″]
Video via @arseblog.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi