- Louis van Gaal handed presents out to the crowd before Man United played Newcastle [Pictures]
- Arsenal fan praises Tomas Rosicky and calls Alexis Sanchez ‘unreal’ [Video]
- Jorge Mendes: ‘Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest ever, there’s such a gulf between him and 2nd best’ [Globo]
- Harry Redknapp post-Arsenal: ‘It was a clear penalty from Gibbs on Bobby Zamora’ [Video]
- Sami Khedira is hoping to reach an agreement for a new contract at Real Madrid
Video: Watch Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker, Bacary Sagna & Lukas Podolski dance the “Malta Guinness Low Sugar Workout”
Whilst most of the Arsenal squad have been in Asia limbering up for the new season, with most recently a defeat to Manchester City and draw with Kitchee, a few other Gunners have appeared in Nigeria to represent the north London club.
Per Mertesacker, Bacary Sagna & Lukas Podolski were sent to Nigeria on a relationship-building trip to Lagos and took part in an off-the-pitch commitment, agreed before a pre-season match had been cancelled.
Besides meeting a large contingent of Arsenal supporters, Mertesacker, Sagna and Podolski took part in the “Malta Guinness Low Sugar Workout” as the three Gunners busted some moves on the dance floor.
In particular, pictures of giant German defender Mertesacker have been doing the rounds even before the scratchy video evidence of the dancing came to light.
A number of Arsenal fans have already renamed the giant centre back “Merteswagger” whilst the video below suggests the injury fears surrounding Podolski missing the start of the season could be unfounded. Sagna meanwhile, has no problem pulling off the dancing.
As of yet, there has been no reaction from Arsene Wenger on the video below.
Video via @arseblog.
- Updated: July 30, 2012