[Video] Tottenham’s Lewis Holtby gets booted in the face scoring for Germany Under-21s
- March 25, 2013
It has been a strange introduction to life at White Hart Lane for Lewis Holtby.
Initially used extensively after first joining from Schalke, Holtby has not played as much football as he may have expected in recent weeks with Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas preferring the likes of Jake Livermore and Tom Carroll to come on in midfield.
Holtby did grab 90 minutes for Germany Under-21s on Sunday night as they secured a 2-1 friendly victory against Israel and the Spurs midfielder grabbed the opening goal.
The Tottenham January signing took a penalty that was saved by Israeli Under-21 keeper Boris Kleyman but Holtby dived in to score the German opener, taking a knock in the process.
Spurs fans fretting over the final games of the season, with talk of yet another late season collapse, will be releived to know that Holtby was able to continue.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi