- So cool! Bayern Munich thank their fans with spectacular laser show [Video]
- PSV unveil a massive banner for ex-Man United star Park Ji Sung, goes up in flames [Pictures]
- Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas gave his shorts to a Cruz Azul fan after match! [Video]
- Should Man United fans be worried about David De Gea’s contract situation? [Video]
- Man United’s Angel Di Maria beats Lionel Messi to win Argentina’s player of the year award
[Video] Tottenham’s Lewis Holtby gets booted in the face scoring for Germany Under-21s
It has been a strange introduction to life at White Hart Lane for Lewis Holtby.
Initially used extensively after first joining from Schalke, Holtby has not played as much football as he may have expected in recent weeks with Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas preferring the likes of Jake Livermore and Tom Carroll to come on in midfield.
Holtby did grab 90 minutes for Germany Under-21s on Sunday night as they secured a 2-1 friendly victory against Israel and the Spurs midfielder grabbed the opening goal.
The Tottenham January signing took a penalty that was saved by Israeli Under-21 keeper Boris Kleyman but Holtby dived in to score the German opener, taking a knock in the process.
Spurs fans fretting over the final games of the season, with talk of yet another late season collapse, will be releived to know that Holtby was able to continue.
- Updated: March 25, 2013