VIDEO: Thierry Henry gets emotional about Arsenal in press conference
Thierry Henry held a press conference on Thursday ahead of the pre-season friendly between the New York Red Bulls and Arsenal, and the French legend was gushing about his former employers.
Henry, 36, played for Arsenal from 1999-2007 and for a brief loan spell during the 2011-12 season, and is the club’s all-time leading goal-scorer with 228.
When asked to express his feelings about the Gunners, Thierry Henry said:
Wearing the Arsenal shirt was the most important thing,. It was unbelievable. I felt like a different man in that shirt.
Watch footage of Thierry Henry talking about his beloved Arsenal below.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba jokes with Theo Walcott on social media after Arsenal’s winSeptember 25, 2016
- The ultimate ‘yeah, blood, innit fam’ Arsenal celebration after the Chelsea game (Video)September 24, 2016
- Claude jokes about Mesut Ozil going missing more than him after the Chelsea win (Video)September 24, 2016
- Antonio Conte seething in press conference after Chelsea beaten 3-0 by Arsenal (Video)September 24, 2016
- New York Red Bulls crush New York City 7-0 as Frank Lampard is booed by own fans (Videos)May 22, 2016
- Horrendous assault in the USL: Romeo Parkes attacks Karl Ouimette from behind (video)May 8, 2016
- New York Red Bulls’ tremendously elaborate free-kick routine leads to a goal (Video)April 30, 2016
- Done Deal: Chelsea sign Matt Miazga from the New York Red Bulls, his 1st interview (Video)January 30, 2016
- Thierry Henry’s superb interview with Antonio Conte before Chelsea v Liverpool (Video)September 16, 2016
- Shameless: Thierry Henry cashes in on handball against Ireland with NBA2K17 appearanceSeptember 9, 2016
- Roberto Martinez and Thierry Henry send a message out to Belgium supporters (Video)September 1, 2016
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry to give his full Belgium salary to charityAugust 31, 2016