VIDEO: Thierry Henry gets emotional about Arsenal in press conference
Thierry Henry held a press conference on Thursday ahead of the pre-season friendly between the New York Red Bulls and Arsenal, and the French legend was gushing about his former employers.
Henry, 36, played for Arsenal from 1999-2007 and for a brief loan spell during the 2011-12 season, and is the club’s all-time leading goal-scorer with 228.
When asked to express his feelings about the Gunners, Thierry Henry said:
Wearing the Arsenal shirt was the most important thing,. It was unbelievable. I felt like a different man in that shirt.
Watch footage of Thierry Henry talking about his beloved Arsenal below.
Watch Live Stream
- Lucas Perez passes Arsenal medical, deal to be done this weekend [Mirror]August 26, 2016
- Shkodran Mustafi will be a big upgrade on Per Mertesacker at Arsenal (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsene Wenger insists he is a big spender….in real life (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s Rob Holding doesn’t know what an Oyster Card is (Video)August 26, 2016
- New York Red Bulls crush New York City 7-0 as Frank Lampard is booed by own fans (Videos)May 22, 2016
- Horrendous assault in the USL: Romeo Parkes attacks Karl Ouimette from behind (video)May 8, 2016
- New York Red Bulls’ tremendously elaborate free-kick routine leads to a goal (Video)April 30, 2016
- Done Deal: Chelsea sign Matt Miazga from the New York Red Bulls, his 1st interview (Video)January 30, 2016
- Belgium boss Roberto Martinez explains why Thierry Henry is the perfect assistant coach (Video)August 26, 2016
- Thierry Henry named as assistant boss to Belgium manager Roberto MartinezAugust 26, 2016
- Man United’s Paul Pogba teaches Arsenal legend Thierry Henry how to dab (Video)August 19, 2016
- Ex Arsenal U18s coach Thierry Henry photographed at Man United’s training groundAugust 17, 2016