Adidas “Oscar challenge” – Brazilians try & copy Chelsea star with a Golazo
- January 23, 2013
If you needed another example of the ever increasing global nature of the Premier League, the video below is yet another example.
Adidas, kit sponsors of Chelsea, set up an “Oscar challenge” in Sao Paulo’s eldorado mall – as the video states, this was the first time a foreign club had brought a “football experience to fans” in Brazil.
The prize on offer was a trip to see Chelsea play at the Club World Cup in Japan in December with the contestants set the challenge of showing off their “world class scoring ability.”
What ensues is plenty of overhead kick attempts and impressive skills as the contestants attempt to win the prize of watching Chelsea in Japan.
And, as the stats at the end of the video show, it was also a rather impressive marketing campaign for both Adidas and Chelsea.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...