- Chelsea, Spurs & Liverpool all target Inter’s £28m-rated Mauro Icardi [Express]
- Yaya Sanogo set to start up front for Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund tonight [Mirror]
- Liverpool’s Rickie Lambert: ‘I find the criticism of Steven Gerrard shocking to be honest’
- Jurgen Klopp gives funny shrug of the shoulders when asked if any PL clubs have called him [Video]
- Christian Eriksen: ‘There have been a lot of changes since I joined Spurs, but we’re on right path’ [Video]
Adidas “Oscar challenge” – Brazilians try & copy Chelsea star with a Golazo
If you needed another example of the ever increasing global nature of the Premier League, the video below is yet another example.
Adidas, kit sponsors of Chelsea, set up an “Oscar challenge” in Sao Paulo’s eldorado mall – as the video states, this was the first time a foreign club had brought a “football experience to fans” in Brazil.
The prize on offer was a trip to see Chelsea play at the Club World Cup in Japan in December with the contestants set the challenge of showing off their “world class scoring ability.”
What ensues is plenty of overhead kick attempts and impressive skills as the contestants attempt to win the prize of watching Chelsea in Japan.
And, as the stats at the end of the video show, it was also a rather impressive marketing campaign for both Adidas and Chelsea.
- Updated: January 23, 2013