- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Video: The 5-year-old signed by Manchester United (scouted since he was 3!)
One of the big “transfer stories” doing the rounds on Wednesday came from The Sun who reported that “Little Charlie Jackson is being tipped as a future Man United star after the club’s scouts spotted his amazing talent â€” at the age of three.”
Guy Patrick added in the Currant Bun, “Astonished Old Trafford coaches first saw Charlie playing with Footytotz â€” a community football programme.Â But they then had to wait until he was five before he was old enough to start training at their development centre.”
The most ironic part of this story though is that Charlie Jackson is a supporter of Manchester United’s great local rivals Manchester City and has a season ticket at the Etihad Stadium.
His father Andy is quoted in The Sun saying: “His idols are Joe Hart and Mario Balotelli and at first he was mortified at training with United. He didn’t want to go. Eventually I had to tell him, ‘Look, we’ll let United train you up. Then when you’re really good, you can go to City’.”
The slight caveat to this all though is that Charlie can’t officially sign with Manchester United or anyone else until he is nine-years-old but why let the facts get in the way of a good story.
A video has appeared on YouTube claiming to be off Charlie Jackson. Unlike the picture from The Sun, the boy in question in the video has long hair, presumably he recently had a hair cut…
- Updated: November 17, 2011