- The top 10 funniest moments of the Bundesliga so far! [Video]
- Tottenham are in advanced talks with PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea consider a singing section in the Shed End to improve the home atmosphere [Daily Mail]
- Lionel Messi has a new football tattoo on his left leg [Pictures]
- Inter Milan reach agreement with Lukas Podolski, still yet to speak to Arsenal [Di Marzio]
[Video] Steven Gerrard would love to see Wesley Sneijder at Liverpool
The rumour that Wesley Sneijder will join Liverpool this transfer window just won’t go away and Steven Gerrard added even more fuel to the proverbial fire with some quotes on Goals on Sunday.
It has been a big weekend for Stevie G. The Liverpool captain scored in the 5-0 rout of Norwich on Saturday and is set to be honoured with a gala dinner by the The Football Writers’ Association this evening.
On Goals on Sunday, Gerrard said he would love to see Wesley Sneijder sign for Liverpool. And then backtracked a little, perhaps stunned that he had come out with something back page worthy!
Gerrard: “He’ll do, but he plays where I play! … He’s a top player. I think we’ve seen at every major tournament he delivers. He’s done it in the Champions League for years, but we’ll have to see on his wage demands.”
The Liverpool talisman then introduced the caveat of Sneijder’s astronomical wages which could well be a stumbling block for Brendan Rodgers to bring him to Anfield: “I think he gets paid very well and he’ll have all kinds of options I’m sure, but I’d love nothing better than to see him in a red shirt.”
Footage of Steven Gerrard stoking the Wesley Sneijder to Liverpool rumours can be seen below. The second video sees Gerrard say he was “heartbroken” when Fernando Torres left Anfield.
- Updated: January 20, 2013