Video: Spurs winger Andros Townsend scores wonder goal for QPR v Sunderland
- March 9, 2013
When Andros Townsend left Spurs for QPR on loan in the January transfer window it looked like the left winger would have very few chances at White Hart Lane thanks to the incredible form of Gareth Bale.
Since January, Bale has played more centrally, where he has been banging in goals for Tottenham left, right and centre.
As a result, Gylfi Sigurdsson has played himself into the Spurs side in recent weeks in the left wing position.
Today, Andros Townsend played a large role in helping QPR to a big 3-1 win against Sunderland as they battle relegation.
Harry Redknapp’s side came back from 1-0 down and were indebted to Townsend who had a hand in Loic Remy’s opener, scored a terrific second before setting up Jermaine Jenas for the third.
Former Spurs midfielder Jenas cracked home another Golazo and later said his was better than Townsend’s but admitted the pair had already argued about it: “Definitely mine! He ran up to me & said ‘that’s the 2nd best goal today!'”
Video of the Townsend goal is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...