Video: Spurs winger Andros Townsend scores wonder goal for QPR v Sunderland
- March 9, 2013
When Andros Townsend left Spurs for QPR on loan in the January transfer window it looked like the left winger would have very few chances at White Hart Lane thanks to the incredible form of Gareth Bale.
Since January, Bale has played more centrally, where he has been banging in goals for Tottenham left, right and centre.
As a result, Gylfi Sigurdsson has played himself into the Spurs side in recent weeks in the left wing position.
Today, Andros Townsend played a large role in helping QPR to a big 3-1 win against Sunderland as they battle relegation.
Harry Redknapp’s side came back from 1-0 down and were indebted to Townsend who had a hand in Loic Remy’s opener, scored a terrific second before setting up Jermaine Jenas for the third.
Former Spurs midfielder Jenas cracked home another Golazo and later said his was better than Townsend’s but admitted the pair had already argued about it: “Definitely mine! He ran up to me & said ‘that’s the 2nd best goal today!'”
Video of the Townsend goal is below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi