- Lorient want to take Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo on loan [L'Equipe]
- Awesome Fan Footage of Wayne Rooney & Van Persie goals from Manchester United 3 – Newcastle 1
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is learning the striker role quickly’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal: ‘I can now play Wayne Rooney in midfield or as a striker’ [Video]
- Alessio Cerci agrees to join Milan, paving way for Fernando Torres to return to Atletico Madrid [Sky Italia]
Video: Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor scores for Togo v Algeria
In the first game of the Africa Cup of Nations, Emmanuel Adebayor had brought his Tottenham form this season to Togo’s opening match and missed a sitter against the Ivory Coast.
Adebayor has yet to truly settle at Spurs since making his loan move permanent in the summer and has so far failed to sparkle for Andre Villas-Boas’ side.
Arguably his most whole hearted display of the campaign for Tottenham came at Arsenal where he scored and was then sent off in the north London derby.
On Saturday, The Spurs striker scored just his second goal for club and country in the past 10 matches with the opener in a 2-0 win over Algeria.
It was a composed finish from Adebayor and means Togo go into their last group match with Tunisia in second place in Group D, in the box seat to qualify for the knockout rounds.
Video below of Tottenham hitman Emmanuel Adebayor scoring at the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Updated: January 26, 2013