Video: Spurs midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson scores quality free-kick to seal Iceland win in Albania
- October 14, 2012
Gylfi Sigurdsson’s start to life at Tottenham has not gone as many would have expected.
After a fine second half of the season with Swansea in 2011/2012, scoring 7 goals for the Welsh side, Sigurdsson was expected to come in and be a key player under Andre Villas-Boas’ new-look Spurs side.
However, Sigurdsson is yet to score in the Premier League for Tottenham and currently appears to be a substitute in AVB’s first XI with Clint Dempsey playing, and starting, in a very similar role.
On Friday night, it was a slightly different story for Sigurdsson who once again showed off his high quality from dead ball situations with an 81st minute winner for Iceland in a crucial World Cup qualifier in Albania.
After losing to Cyprus last month, the result reignites Iceland’s hopes of a top two finish in Group E of European World Cup qualifying.
So, the only thing left to bemoan is the fact Sigurdsson was booked for taking his shirt off after the Spus midfielder cracked home the winner.
The Sigurdsson goal can be seen on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...