Video: Spurs midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson scores quality free-kick to seal Iceland win in Albania
- October 14, 2012
Gylfi Sigurdsson’s start to life at Tottenham has not gone as many would have expected.
After a fine second half of the season with Swansea in 2011/2012, scoring 7 goals for the Welsh side, Sigurdsson was expected to come in and be a key player under Andre Villas-Boas’ new-look Spurs side.
However, Sigurdsson is yet to score in the Premier League for Tottenham and currently appears to be a substitute in AVB’s first XI with Clint Dempsey playing, and starting, in a very similar role.
On Friday night, it was a slightly different story for Sigurdsson who once again showed off his high quality from dead ball situations with an 81st minute winner for Iceland in a crucial World Cup qualifier in Albania.
After losing to Cyprus last month, the result reignites Iceland’s hopes of a top two finish in Group E of European World Cup qualifying.
So, the only thing left to bemoan is the fact Sigurdsson was booked for taking his shirt off after the Spus midfielder cracked home the winner.
The Sigurdsson goal can be seen on the video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi