Video: Spurs defender Michael Dawson is also a pretty handy at cricket
- April 18, 2013
Tottenham defender Michael Dawson showed he could have been a decent cricketer when he took on a bowling machine run by Test star Stuart Broad on a recent publicity day for Investec.
Ahead of a summer’s cricket that includes the Ashes, Spurs defender Dawson showed off his batting skills at a Lord’s net session.
Afterwards, Dawson said: “It’s been a while since I had hold of a cricket bat. Stuart was chucking a ball out (of the bowling machine) at 90mph and I didn’t even see it! It was great to experience that. It just shows how good these lads are, they have special talent.”
And Broad, one of England’s top Test bowlers and captain of the international T20 side, seemed impressed: “He coped really well. I was quite surprised, actually. He struck the ball really hard and straight, which was great to see. The only real weakness I could find was the change of pace, if I changed it to a slower ball, he was already looking for a six over the bowler’s head! Apart from that, he was really good.”
Watch Michael Dawson play cricket, with his trademark enthusiasm on the video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi