- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Video: Spurs defender Michael Dawson is also a pretty handy at cricket
Tottenham defender Michael Dawson showed he could have been a decent cricketer when he took on a bowling machine run by Test star Stuart Broad on a recent publicity day for Investec.
Ahead of a summer’s cricket that includes the Ashes, Spurs defender Dawson showed off his batting skills at a Lord’s net session.
Afterwards, Dawson said: “It’s been a while since I had hold of a cricket bat. Stuart was chucking a ball out (of the bowling machine) at 90mph and I didn’t even see it! It was great to experience that. It just shows how good these lads are, they have special talent.”
And Broad, one of England’s top Test bowlers and captain of the international T20 side, seemed impressed: “He coped really well. I was quite surprised, actually. He struck the ball really hard and straight, which was great to see. The only real weakness I could find was the change of pace, if I changed it to a slower ball, he was already looking for a six over the bowler’s head! Apart from that, he was really good.”
Watch Michael Dawson play cricket, with his trademark enthusiasm on the video below.
- Updated: April 18, 2013