- 3 pitch invaders at Spurs v Partizan were advertising BassBuds headphones
- Pitch invader at Spurs-Partizan takes Selfies with Naughton & Vertonghen [Fan footage]
- Class! Everton thank their travelling Europa League fans with YouTube video
- Lionel Messi is already preparing for his transfer to… Chelsea! [Direct TV]
- Lionel Messi takes on Neymar in a Barcelona keepy-uppy challenge!
[Video] Scott Parker’s scores for Tottenham U21 v Aston Villa as he returns from injury
Are Tottenham poised for a serious second half assault to the Premier League season as their top players return for injury?
Andre Villas-Boas’ charges presently sit fourth in the league as the hectic Christmas and New Year’s period looms large, but the Lilywhites appears to have plenty of seasonal cheer as a group of their best players appears primed for first team returns.
First-choice left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto has resumed full training after a long-standing knee problem. Younes Kaboul, the club’s best centre-half last season, who has not played since the opening-day defeat at Newcastle because of a knee injury, is also close to a comeback, while Michael Dawson is expected to be available for this weekend’s trip to Stoke after hamstring trouble.
And there is more good news for Tottenham.
Crucial midfield cog Scott Parker, so essential for Tottenham in the middle of the park alongside fans’ favourite Sandro, made his long awaited return to the team last weekend in a cameo substitute appearance against Swansea, and the England international followed that up with a goalscoring shift for Spurs’ U21s on Monday night.
Playing 68 minutes in a 3-0 win over Aston Villa, Parker contributed the second goal of the game with a tidy right-footed finish from 15-yards.
Ryan Mason and Souleymane Coulibaly scored the other goals for Tottenham in the win.
Watch goal highlights of Aston Villa 0 – Tottenham 3 in the Under-21s below. (Parker’s goal appears 50 seconds in.)
- Updated: December 20, 2012