- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Video: Ray Parlour teaches Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski some London slang
This video seems to be a few days old, but until now it had managed to evade our attentions.
Lukas Podolski, Arsenal’s new forward, is currently trying to brush up on his English skills as he goes about bedding into his new surrounding in north London.
Unlike many Europeans who have come into the Premier League in recent seasons, Podolski’s handling of the English language isn’t the most proficient, so in an effort to improve his conversational skills the German recently sat down with Ray Parlour to learn a selection of phrases in London slang.
With Podolski sat at a desk like a little boy in a schoolroom, the Romford Pele taught the Arsenal striker a bit of cockney including the stereotypical phrases apples & pears, trouble & strife, butcher’s hook, and dog & bone.
Watch Lukas Podolski learning London slang below.
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="243626"]
- Updated: October 11, 2012