- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Video: Ray Parlour teaches Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski some London slang
- October 11, 2012
This video seems to be a few days old, but until now it had managed to evade our attentions.
Lukas Podolski, Arsenal’s new forward, is currently trying to brush up on his English skills as he goes about bedding into his new surrounding in north London.
Unlike many Europeans who have come into the Premier League in recent seasons, Podolski’s handling of the English language isn’t the most proficient, so in an effort to improve his conversational skills the German recently sat down with Ray Parlour to learn a selection of phrases in London slang.
With Podolski sat at a desk like a little boy in a schoolroom, the Romford Pele taught the Arsenal striker a bit of cockney including the stereotypical phrases apples & pears, trouble & strife, butcher’s hook, and dog & bone.
Watch Lukas Podolski learning London slang below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”243626″]