Video: Ray Parlour teaches Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski some London slang
- October 11, 2012
This video seems to be a few days old, but until now it had managed to evade our attentions.
Lukas Podolski, Arsenal’s new forward, is currently trying to brush up on his English skills as he goes about bedding into his new surrounding in north London.
Unlike many Europeans who have come into the Premier League in recent seasons, Podolski’s handling of the English language isn’t the most proficient, so in an effort to improve his conversational skills the German recently sat down with Ray Parlour to learn a selection of phrases in London slang.
With Podolski sat at a desk like a little boy in a schoolroom, the Romford Pele taught the Arsenal striker a bit of cockney including the stereotypical phrases apples & pears, trouble & strife, butcher’s hook, and dog & bone.
Watch Lukas Podolski learning London slang below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”243626″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi