- Man United loan star Nani (Sporting) dresses up as Santa Claus to deliver presents [Picture]
- Behind the Scenes of James Milner’s boring Christmas video for Man City [Video]
- Borussia Dortmund release incredible video of fans & players singing ‘Jingle Bells’ [Video]
- PSG want to sign Adnan Januzaj on 6 month loan from Manchester United [Le Parisien]
- West Ham release awesome Christmas video poem celebrating 2014 success [Video]
Video: Ray Parlour teaches Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski some London slang
This video seems to be a few days old, but until now it had managed to evade our attentions.
Lukas Podolski, Arsenal’s new forward, is currently trying to brush up on his English skills as he goes about bedding into his new surrounding in north London.
Unlike many Europeans who have come into the Premier League in recent seasons, Podolski’s handling of the English language isn’t the most proficient, so in an effort to improve his conversational skills the German recently sat down with Ray Parlour to learn a selection of phrases in London slang.
With Podolski sat at a desk like a little boy in a schoolroom, the Romford Pele taught the Arsenal striker a bit of cockney including the stereotypical phrases apples & pears, trouble & strife, butcher’s hook, and dog & bone.
Watch Lukas Podolski learning London slang below.
- Updated: October 11, 2012