Video: Ray Parlour teaches Arsenal striker Lukas Podolski some London slang
- October 11, 2012
This video seems to be a few days old, but until now it had managed to evade our attentions.
Lukas Podolski, Arsenal’s new forward, is currently trying to brush up on his English skills as he goes about bedding into his new surrounding in north London.
Unlike many Europeans who have come into the Premier League in recent seasons, Podolski’s handling of the English language isn’t the most proficient, so in an effort to improve his conversational skills the German recently sat down with Ray Parlour to learn a selection of phrases in London slang.
With Podolski sat at a desk like a little boy in a schoolroom, the Romford Pele taught the Arsenal striker a bit of cockney including the stereotypical phrases apples & pears, trouble & strife, butcher’s hook, and dog & bone.
Watch Lukas Podolski learning London slang below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”243626″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...