- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Video of the horrendous challenge that saw a Vietnam defender given 28-game ban
The Vietnamese Football Federation have banned Tran Dinh Dong, a 26-year-old player with Song Lam Nghe An, for 28 games.
Tran Dinh Dong was responsible for a sickening assault on Nguyen Anh Hung, who is now expected to miss a year of football due to injury.
Incredibly, Tran Dinh Dong was only booked for his challenge on Nguyen Anh Hung as Song Lam Nghe An beat An Giang 1-0 at the end of February.
A statement from the VFF said: “The punishment is meant to be a warning to players throughout the nation, where violent behaviour on the field has gradually become more popular.”
In addition to the 28-game ban, Tran Dinh Dong was also ordered to pay Nguyen Anh Hung’s medical costs.
- Updated: March 6, 2014