Video of the horrendous challenge that saw a Vietnam defender given 28-game ban
- March 6, 2014
The Vietnamese Football Federation have banned Tran Dinh Dong, a 26-year-old player with Song Lam Nghe An, for 28 games.
Tran Dinh Dong was responsible for a sickening assault on Nguyen Anh Hung, who is now expected to miss a year of football due to injury.
Incredibly, Tran Dinh Dong was only booked for his challenge on Nguyen Anh Hung as Song Lam Nghe An beat An Giang 1-0 at the end of February.
A statement from the VFF said: “The punishment is meant to be a warning to players throughout the nation, where violent behaviour on the field has gradually become more popular.”
In addition to the 28-game ban, Tran Dinh Dong was also ordered to pay Nguyen Anh Hung’s medical costs.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi