Video of the horrendous challenge that saw a Vietnam defender given 28-game ban
- March 6, 2014
The Vietnamese Football Federation have banned Tran Dinh Dong, a 26-year-old player with Song Lam Nghe An, for 28 games.
Tran Dinh Dong was responsible for a sickening assault on Nguyen Anh Hung, who is now expected to miss a year of football due to injury.
Incredibly, Tran Dinh Dong was only booked for his challenge on Nguyen Anh Hung as Song Lam Nghe An beat An Giang 1-0 at the end of February.
A statement from the VFF said: “The punishment is meant to be a warning to players throughout the nation, where violent behaviour on the field has gradually become more popular.”
In addition to the 28-game ban, Tran Dinh Dong was also ordered to pay Nguyen Anh Hung’s medical costs.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...