Video of minute silence for Tito Vilanova before Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich took on Werder Bremen
- April 27, 2014
A mourning Pep Guardiola observed a minute silence for his friend Tito Vilanova, who passed away on Friday, ahead of the game between his Bayern Munich side and Werder Bremen.
Unfortunately, a long arduous battle with cancer cut short Vilanova’s time in charge of Barcelona short, a recurrence of the throat cancer he had initially overcame was found in late 2012.
Guardiola and Vilanova had a close relationship both on and off the pitch. They both attended Barcelona’s La Masia academy together before reuniting to coach the Barcelona first team.
Vilanova played a huge part in the success during Guardiola’s tenure as Barcelona manager and was backed by Guardiola himself to take over the managerial reigns when the current Bayern Munich coached stepped down from his position.
- It’s official: Barcelona sign Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- See how Lionel Messi’s family were allegedly attacked by Chile fans at the Copa A...
- Man United refuse to sell David De Gea to Real Madrid, unless they sign Sergio Ramos in...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Leo Messi rejected the Copa America Golden Ball award; Trophy withdrawn [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi