Video of minute silence for Tito Vilanova before Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich took on Werder Bremen
- April 27, 2014
A mourning Pep Guardiola observed a minute silence for his friend Tito Vilanova, who passed away on Friday, ahead of the game between his Bayern Munich side and Werder Bremen.
Unfortunately, a long arduous battle with cancer cut short Vilanova’s time in charge of Barcelona short, a recurrence of the throat cancer he had initially overcame was found in late 2012.
Guardiola and Vilanova had a close relationship both on and off the pitch. They both attended Barcelona’s La Masia academy together before reuniting to coach the Barcelona first team.
Vilanova played a huge part in the success during Guardiola’s tenure as Barcelona manager and was backed by Guardiola himself to take over the managerial reigns when the current Bayern Munich coached stepped down from his position.
- Louis Van Gaal offers Barcelona’s Pedro starring role in terrifying front three f...
- Barcelona want to hang on to Man United bound Pedro until European Super Cup
- Watch Thomas Vermaelen’s superb all-or-nothing tackle in Barcelona’s defeat...
- Pep Guardiola backs Pedro to be a success at Man United, says he can play in any team i...
- Man United have offered Barcelona €27m for Pedro [Sport]
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi