Video of minute silence for Tito Vilanova before Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich took on Werder Bremen
- April 27, 2014
A mourning Pep Guardiola observed a minute silence for his friend Tito Vilanova, who passed away on Friday, ahead of the game between his Bayern Munich side and Werder Bremen.
Unfortunately, a long arduous battle with cancer cut short Vilanova’s time in charge of Barcelona short, a recurrence of the throat cancer he had initially overcame was found in late 2012.
Guardiola and Vilanova had a close relationship both on and off the pitch. They both attended Barcelona’s La Masia academy together before reuniting to coach the Barcelona first team.
Vilanova played a huge part in the success during Guardiola’s tenure as Barcelona manager and was backed by Guardiola himself to take over the managerial reigns when the current Bayern Munich coached stepped down from his position.
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...