Video of Graham Westley refunding Preston fans’ petrol costs after JPT game at Bury was called off
- December 5, 2012
The cold snap has hit Britain full in the face over the past few days, and Tuesday night’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy match between Bury and Preston was a late postponement casualty due to the poor weather.
Despite the game at Gigg Lane having been given the go-ahead at 6.30pm, by the time Preston fans were on the verge of getting to the ground an hour before kick off the match had been called off due to a water-logged pitch.
That chain of events, however, lead to a brilliant eye-witness video being shot at a random gas station.
As a group of Preston lads parked up to fill up their mini-bus before making the 30 mile round-trip back to where they came from, they bumped into North End’s gaffer Graham Westley.
Westley then lived up to the season of goodwill by going over to the lads, having a little natter, before going into his own wallet to hand them cash for petrol as well as a bit extra for fizzy pop and some snacks.
Watch the video of Graham Westley refunding Preston fans’ petrol costs below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”265382″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...