- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Video: New Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen scores for Belgium in win over Holland
This is a worrying time for Spurs fans, just days away from the new season and with just Jermain Defoe and Harry Kane to call on up front, AVB’s side look a tad light on strikers.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will likely play his usual transfer window brinkmanship and the forwards (perhaps Emmanuel Adebayor and Leandro Damiao) will arrive at White Hart Lane but it looks certain that at Newcastle on Saturday tea time the away side will be relying on Jermain Defoe to notch the goals.
Therefore, Defoe’s quality winner for England against Italy on Wednesday (watch here) will have done the diminutive striker the power of good but he was not the only Spurs player to notch on international duty.
Belgium claimed a very impressive 4-2 victory over Holland (all goals here) to finally suggest they can produce the results to match their individual talent.
Fellow Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart also played for the Dutch but it was Vertonghen that had the happier night, finishing off the win with the fourth with ten minutes to go. It was a trademark goal from a defender that loves to get forward. Video below.
Related link: Younes Kaboul scores a Golazo in Spurs training.
- Updated: August 16, 2012