Video: New Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen scores for Belgium in win over Holland
- August 16, 2012
This is a worrying time for Spurs fans, just days away from the new season and with just Jermain Defoe and Harry Kane to call on up front, AVB’s side look a tad light on strikers.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will likely play his usual transfer window brinkmanship and the forwards (perhaps Emmanuel Adebayor and Leandro Damiao) will arrive at White Hart Lane but it looks certain that at Newcastle on Saturday tea time the away side will be relying on Jermain Defoe to notch the goals.
Therefore, Defoe’s quality winner for England against Italy on Wednesday (watch here) will have done the diminutive striker the power of good but he was not the only Spurs player to notch on international duty.
Belgium claimed a very impressive 4-2 victory over Holland (all goals here) to finally suggest they can produce the results to match their individual talent.
Fellow Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart also played for the Dutch but it was Vertonghen that had the happier night, finishing off the win with the fourth with ten minutes to go. It was a trademark goal from a defender that loves to get forward. Video below.
Related link: Younes Kaboul scores a Golazo in Spurs training.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]