(Video) Man United make improved £30m bid + add-ons for ex-Arsenal man Fabregas [SSN]
Sky Sports News reporter Kaveh Solhekol has reported that Manchester United have tabled an improved £30m plus add-ons bid for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
Earlier last week Manchester United lodged a £25m bid for the former Arsenal midfielder which was rebuffed, with the SSN talking-head claiming that the Catalans are seeking a £35m bid before they’ll do business which the Red Devils.
Solhekol also repeated his belief that Fabregas would move to Old Trafford if Barcelona agree a deal with David Moyes’ men
Importantly, the Sky report failed to repeat the quotes from Barcelona vice president Josep Maria Bartomeu on Friday. Bartomeu issued the statement:
Barcelona can assure you we will not entertain any offers for Cesc. It is totally ruled out, he’s not for sale.
Also missed out of the Sky report was any reference to Arsenal’s buy-back option for Fabregas, with news having been circulated earlier in the summer that the Gunners have an option to reacquire Cesc for £25m if Barcelona choose to sell the Spanish midfielder.
Watch the SSN report on United’s latest move for Cesc below.
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Sol Campbell attracts haters for calling out a shop worker on Twitter [Tweets]
- Cesc Fabregas leaves classy gift outside the Embassy of France in tribute to Paris victims (Video)
- Cesc Fabregas says Chelsea have had no luck this season in Marca interview
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas speaks about hearing of the Paris attacks after the Spain-England g...
- Cesc Fabregas repeats denial that he was the Chelsea rat, acknowledges Diego Costa criticism [COPE]