- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Video: Lewis Holtby’s 1st interview as a Spurs player
Tottenham may be in need of a front line striker, but the purchase of Lewis Holtby should not be underestimated.
Bagging a 22-year-old German international for a fee believed to be 1.75 million euros is hugely impressive even by the standards set by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.
Speaking of the new Tottenham signing, boss Andre Villas-Boas said today: “Lewis is a great player. Very creative and he can play in lots of positions. He is a major addition for us. Lewis’s creativity can be a way to unlock teams and defences. He’s in the squad for the Norwich game.”
And the former Schalke midfielder, who can play all across the park said: “It’s fantastic to be here. I can’t wait to settle & to play for the club and I’m looking forward to the season…”
Holtby added: “As soon as I saw the facilities, the crowd and spoke to Andre I just knew I wanted to be here… “As footballers say, I’m over the moon to be here!”
Footage of Lewis Holtby’s first interview as a Tottenham player is on the video below.
- Updated: January 29, 2013