- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Video: Jordan Lussey scores Golazo for Liverpool Under-18s v Middlesbrough
“Jordan Lussey made it 2-0 on the half-hour mark with a brilliant right-footed curler into the top corner after being set up by Kris Peterson.” – The official Liverpool website.
With Brendan Rodgers bringing highly-talented youngsters into the Liverpool first team, this is a good time to impress for one of the reserve or youth sides at Anfield.
Liverpool under-18s certainly did that on Saturday with an emphatic 3-0 win over Middlesbrough, which by all accounts should have been by a greater scoreline.
Jordan Lussey caught our attention with the Golazo below - Daniel Trickett-Smith and Jerome Sinclair (who became Liverpool’s youngsest ever first teamer in the Capital One Cup at West Brom) scored the other two goals.
The first and third Liverpool Under-18 goals can be seen below after the jump.
For those that may not know, Jordan Lussey is a highly-rated midfielder known for a fine range of passing who has represented England at Under-16 and Under-17 level.
Jordan Lussey Golazo for Liverpool Under-18s v Middlesbrough
Daniel Trickett-Smith for Liverpool Under-18s v Middlesbrough
Jerome Sinclair for Liverpool Under-18s v Middlesbrough
- Updated: October 6, 2012