Video: Highlights of Arsenal 2 – Reading 0 (U21s) – Jack Wilshere’s second comeback game
- October 9, 2012
On Monday evening, as planet football readied for the international break – Arsenal Under-21s took on Reading in a match that saw Bacary Sagna return from injury (post-match interview here) and Jack Wilshere play his second comeback game after 14 months out.
Exactly seven days before, Jack Wilshere made his first appearance after a lengthy injury lay-off in a 1-0 defeat at West Brom for the Arsenal Under-21s – article and video here.
Wilshere made more of an impression second time around, against Reading in a 2-0 victory, as the Arsenal Under-21s fielded a strong side with Ignasi Miquel, Andre Santos, Francis Coquelin and Emmanuel Frimpong all involved.
The Arsenal number 10 had a part in both goals. The first a fine finish by Serge Gnabry, who turned Reading’s Niall Keown (son of Gunners legend Martin) and the second was scored by Chuba Akpom.
Lengthy highlights of Arsenal 2 – Reading 0 can be seen here:
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]