- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Video: Highlights of Arsenal 2 – Reading 0 (U21s) – Jack Wilshere’s second comeback game
On Monday evening, as planet football readied for the international break – Arsenal Under-21s took on Reading in a match that saw Bacary Sagna return from injury (post-match interview here) and Jack Wilshere play his second comeback game after 14 months out.
Exactly seven days before, Jack Wilshere made his first appearance after a lengthy injury lay-off in a 1-0 defeat at West Brom for the Arsenal Under-21s – article and video here.
Wilshere made more of an impression second time around, against Reading in a 2-0 victory, as the Arsenal Under-21s fielded a strong side with Ignasi Miquel, Andre Santos, Francis Coquelin and Emmanuel Frimpong all involved.
The Arsenal number 10 had a part in both goals. The first a fine finish by Serge Gnabry, who turned Reading’s Niall Keown (son of Gunners legend Martin) and the second was scored by Chuba Akpom.
Lengthy highlights of Arsenal 2 – Reading 0 can be seen here:
- Updated: October 9, 2012