- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Video emerges claiming Lionel Messi asked how Cristiano Ronaldo’s shoulder was during El Clasico
- Updated: October 10, 2012
“I think it should be forbidden to say who [is] the best player in the world because these two are from another planet. I would like my player to win [the Ballon d'Or] because he is champion of the best league in the world, but I think they’re both fantastic players.” – Jose Mourinho.
Once again, and not for the first time in a Barcelona-Real Madrid match, the two undoubted best players on the planet, stepped up and produced with Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo scoring braces in Sunday’s 2-2 draw.
Unsurprisingly, the focus of much of the post-match discussion surrounded Messi and Ronaldo with Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova asserting that CR7 would be “more recognised” if his career had not coincided with “The Flea’s”.
So fascinating is their personal duel that Ronaldo and Messi are compared on practically every level and not just by the Spanish sports press but also internationally and not just for their clubs but also when they appear for Portugal and Argentina respectively.
Throughout their on-pitch conflicts, Ronaldo and Messi have never been pictured talking to one another, until now. Maybe.
Video has emerged from the excellent Canal +, which seems to show Lionel Messi ask Cristiano Ronaldo how his shoulder is after the Real Madrid forward picked up an injury in Sunday’s El Clasico.
In truth, it is very difficult to see as Messi has his hand over his mouth and the voice over on the video below is not via Canal +.
But, the video suggests Messi deliberately approached Cristiano, making a face gesture to his shoulder, said a few words with hands on his mouth (that’s how he often talks on the pitch) and the latter quickly nodded to him and winked with a faint smile.
Ultimately, whilst we all want them to be true sportsmen on the pitch, the defining image of their rivalry may still be yet to come.
The exact time of their supposed interaction is at 1.20 – the whole video (in Spanish) is well worth a watch.