Video: David De Gea’s best saves in Manchester United’s win at Fulham
- February 4, 2013
The last time Manchester United played in London, David De Gea was widely criticised after a poor punch allowed Clint Dempsey to equalise for Spurs in injury time.
On Saturday it was a different story for the 22-year-old with a large section of the Manchester United support backing their number one in the face of plenty of media pressure.
A Spanish “In David We Trust” flag (see left) was rewarded by De Gea with some excellent stops, especially in the first half as the Manchester United keeper kept the score at 0-0.
After saving well from John Arne Riise, De Gea made a terrific save from a Bryan Ruiz shot, which he just managed to tip onto the post. (See GIF below.)
Sir Alex Ferguson name checked De Gea in his post-match interview and it has not been lost on Manchester United fans just what the reaction would have been to the Spanish youngster had he made a similar high profile error to Pepe Reina on Sunday at the Etihad.
A round-up of David De Gea’s best saves at Fulham can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi