- Radamel Falcao confirms return to Man United training on Twitter
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi played Jordi Alba in with an incredible long range pass [Vine]
- Dejan Lovren before Palace defeat: “I want to be Liverpool captain one day” [Video]
- Rant! Jamie Carragher claims Liverpool are “mentally & physically weak” after 3-1 loss [Video]
- Rodgers Out? Liverpool boss compared to David Moyes at Man United last season [Stats & Graphic]
VIDEO: Daniel Sturridge scores 5 goals for Chelsea’s reserves against Tottenham
It rained goals at Cobham on Thursday as Chelsea’s reserves hammered Tottenham 7-3. Daniel Sturridge however grabbed the headlines netting five times, including scoring a hat-trick inside the opening eight minutes.
After twice racing through the Spurs backline and scoring early doors, Sturridge impressed the onlooking Carlo Ancelotti curling in a special 30-yarder to complete his hat-trick in lightning time.
Spurs hit back when Hilario palmed a low cross out but only as far as forward Jonathan Obika who prodded home, but the exciting young Blues moved 4-1 ahead when Josh McEachran and Gael Kakuta combined in a free-flowing attack before Sturridge finished the move with a delightful curling shot for his fourth.
An incredible first forty-five ended with a Spurs fightback as Harry Kane and Cameron Lancaster scored late goals to end the half 4-3 to Chelsea. But after the break Sturridge added a fifth, Kakuta claimed a sixth, and Gokhan Tore closed the contest out with number seven.
- Updated: January 8, 2011