VIDEO: Daniel Sturridge scores 5 goals for Chelsea’s reserves against Tottenham
- January 8, 2011
It rained goals at Cobham on Thursday as Chelsea’s reserves hammered Tottenham 7-3. Daniel Sturridge however grabbed the headlines netting five times, including scoring a hat-trick inside the opening eight minutes.
After twice racing through the Spurs backline and scoring early doors, Sturridge impressed the onlooking Carlo Ancelotti curling in a special 30-yarder to complete his hat-trick in lightning time.
Spurs hit back when Hilario palmed a low cross out but only as far as forward Jonathan Obika who prodded home, but the exciting young Blues moved 4-1 ahead when Josh McEachran and Gael Kakuta combined in a free-flowing attack before Sturridge finished the move with a delightful curling shot for his fourth.
An incredible first forty-five ended with a Spurs fightback as Harry Kane and Cameron Lancaster scored late goals to end the half 4-3 to Chelsea. But after the break Sturridge added a fifth, Kakuta claimed a sixth, and Gokhan Tore closed the contest out with number seven.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...