VIDEO: Daniel Sturridge scores 5 goals for Chelsea’s reserves against Tottenham
- January 8, 2011
It rained goals at Cobham on Thursday as Chelsea’s reserves hammered Tottenham 7-3. Daniel Sturridge however grabbed the headlines netting five times, including scoring a hat-trick inside the opening eight minutes.
After twice racing through the Spurs backline and scoring early doors, Sturridge impressed the onlooking Carlo Ancelotti curling in a special 30-yarder to complete his hat-trick in lightning time.
Spurs hit back when Hilario palmed a low cross out but only as far as forward Jonathan Obika who prodded home, but the exciting young Blues moved 4-1 ahead when Josh McEachran and Gael Kakuta combined in a free-flowing attack before Sturridge finished the move with a delightful curling shot for his fourth.
An incredible first forty-five ended with a Spurs fightback as Harry Kane and Cameron Lancaster scored late goals to end the half 4-3 to Chelsea. But after the break Sturridge added a fifth, Kakuta claimed a sixth, and Gokhan Tore closed the contest out with number seven.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]