VIDEO: Arsene Wenger hints Arsenal may sign a defensive player in pre-Everton presser
Arsene Wenger has met the press on Thursday ahead of this weekend’s tricky test for Arsenal as they travel to Everton in the Premier League.
Before talking about that fixture, Wenger was asked to comment on the likelihood of the Gunners signing any more players before the transfer window slammed shut.
In response, the Arsenal boss teased fans by saying he will keep all his options open under August 31st ends, and that a defensive minded player could yet be signed if the opportunity arises.
In that regard, it’s worth noting that reports in Portugal claim that the Gunners have had an approach for William Carvalho rejected.
The Arsenal boss was also asked about whether he regretted not re-signing Cesc Fabregas this summer, to which the Frenchman replied:
I have no regrets that Fabregas [joined Chelsea]. My only regret is that he left us in the first place.
Grab a £35 Free Bet!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get a 100% Bonus up to £35 Free!
Open a new account with TitanBet & Get a Welcome bonus Of Up To £35 Free!
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Sol Campbell attracts haters for calling out a shop worker on Twitter [Tweets]
- Francis Coquelin injury update, concern for Arsenal
- Arsene Wenger invites a journalist on a night out to see how he spends money, cue the jokes [Tweets]
- Arsene Wenger: UEFA tested 10 Arsenal players after doping comments, says they want to ‘con...
- Arsene Wenger labels Real Madrid ‘not serious’ if they sack Rafa Benitez (Video)