VIDEO: Arsene Wenger hints Arsenal may sign a defensive player in pre-Everton presser
- August 21, 2014
Arsene Wenger has met the press on Thursday ahead of this weekend’s tricky test for Arsenal as they travel to Everton in the Premier League.
Before talking about that fixture, Wenger was asked to comment on the likelihood of the Gunners signing any more players before the transfer window slammed shut.
In response, the Arsenal boss teased fans by saying he will keep all his options open under August 31st ends, and that a defensive minded player could yet be signed if the opportunity arises.
In that regard, it’s worth noting that reports in Portugal claim that the Gunners have had an approach for William Carvalho rejected.
The Arsenal boss was also asked about whether he regretted not re-signing Cesc Fabregas this summer, to which the Frenchman replied:
I have no regrets that Fabregas [joined Chelsea]. My only regret is that he left us in the first place.
Grab a £35 Free Bet!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get a 100% Bonus up to £35 Free!
Open a new account with TitanBet & Get a Welcome bonus Of Up To £35 Free!
- Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scores a beauty to make it 1-0 v Chelsea (Offic...
- Michael Owen takes a Twitter pasting during Arsenal v Chelsea [Best Tweets]
- D’oh: Arsenal fan at Wembley seen in Petr Cech hat before final v Chelsea [Picture]
- MLS star Frank Lampard wishes Chelsea good luck on Instagram ahead of final v Arsenal
- Chelsea v Arsenal Community Shield final [Team Sheets]
- Watch the lowlights of Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny on his Roma debut (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi