VIDEO: Arsene Wenger has no regrets Cesc Fabregas went to Chelsea, not Arsenal
- August 21, 2014
Arsene Wenger sat down in front of the press on Thursday before this weekend’s Premier League clash against Everton at Goodison Park, and towards the end of his Q&A the Frenchman was asked a question about Cesc Fabregas.
Fabregas is now back in the Premier League with Chelsea, and the Gunners boss was asked if he had any regrets Cesc didn’t return to Arsenal.
It’s worth remembering that Arsenal had first refusal on Fabregas as part of the agreement that took him to Barcelona in 2011, but they chose notto exercise that option and the 27-year-old joined Chelsea for £30 million instead.
I have no regret about that at all. My regret is that he left us.
You have to accept that professional players move from club to club and it was difficult for me to see him leave us. After he has left us for one club, you accept the idea that he can move to some different clubs. Of course it was a bit strange to see him in a Chelsea shirt but he had a good game.
Watch the footage above.
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud pulls off WWE takedown in FIFA 15 glitch (Video)
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Real Madrid considering new £40 million Arsenal bid for Karim Benzema (Fichajes)
- Theo Walcott is confident Arsenal can beat Chelsea in the Community Shield (Video)
- Theo Walcott & Santi Cazorla tweet delight at new Arsenal deals
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi