VIDEO: Arsene Wenger has no regrets Cesc Fabregas went to Chelsea, not Arsenal
- August 21, 2014
Arsene Wenger sat down in front of the press on Thursday before this weekend’s Premier League clash against Everton at Goodison Park, and towards the end of his Q&A the Frenchman was asked a question about Cesc Fabregas.
Fabregas is now back in the Premier League with Chelsea, and the Gunners boss was asked if he had any regrets Cesc didn’t return to Arsenal.
It’s worth remembering that Arsenal had first refusal on Fabregas as part of the agreement that took him to Barcelona in 2011, but they chose notto exercise that option and the 27-year-old joined Chelsea for £30 million instead.
I have no regret about that at all. My regret is that he left us.
You have to accept that professional players move from club to club and it was difficult for me to see him leave us. After he has left us for one club, you accept the idea that he can move to some different clubs. Of course it was a bit strange to see him in a Chelsea shirt but he had a good game.
Watch the footage above.
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...