VIDEO: Arsene Wenger has no regrets Cesc Fabregas went to Chelsea, not Arsenal
- August 21, 2014
Arsene Wenger sat down in front of the press on Thursday before this weekend’s Premier League clash against Everton at Goodison Park, and towards the end of his Q&A the Frenchman was asked a question about Cesc Fabregas.
Fabregas is now back in the Premier League with Chelsea, and the Gunners boss was asked if he had any regrets Cesc didn’t return to Arsenal.
It’s worth remembering that Arsenal had first refusal on Fabregas as part of the agreement that took him to Barcelona in 2011, but they chose notto exercise that option and the 27-year-old joined Chelsea for £30 million instead.
I have no regret about that at all. My regret is that he left us.
You have to accept that professional players move from club to club and it was difficult for me to see him leave us. After he has left us for one club, you accept the idea that he can move to some different clubs. Of course it was a bit strange to see him in a Chelsea shirt but he had a good game.
Watch the footage above.
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
- Heathrow Airport trolls Arsenal & Chelsea [Tweet]
- Arsenal fans vent as it looks certain no new signings will be made on deadline day [Twe...
- Arsene Wenger spotted in Paris, could Arsenal land Edinson Cavani? (Pictures)
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem got stamped on for Rangers on Sunday (Video)
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes spectacular 92nd minute save in 2-1 win v Juvent...
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...