- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Video: Arsene Wenger giggles on French TV as Olivier Giroud scored France equaliser v Spain
You can imagine that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger took great satisfaction from Olivier Giroud’s late equaliser for France in the Vicente Calderon on Tuesday evening.
There have been rumblings of discontent surrounding one of Arsenal’s major summer signings with Giroud only claiming his first Premier League goal in the Gunners’ win at West Ham in their last Premier League outing.
Plus, of course, Wenger is a proud Frenchman, who will have been delighted to see Les Bleus stop Spain from securing an incredible 25 consecutive qualification victories.
Arsenal fans will also point to Wenger’s famed acumen in the transfer market and Olivier Giroud’s excellent movement and finish, which will surely also have delighted “The Professor.”
The crazy French commentary is on the video below. Listen to Wenger’s giggle at 0.07.
Related link: Giroud wasn’t the only Arsenal player to score on international duty, Per Mertesacker claimed his first ever goal for Germany in an incredible 4-4 draw with Sweden. Video here.
- Updated: October 16, 2012