Video: Arsene Wenger giggles on French TV as Olivier Giroud scored France equaliser v Spain
- October 16, 2012
You can imagine that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger took great satisfaction from Olivier Giroud’s late equaliser for France in the Vicente Calderon on Tuesday evening.
There have been rumblings of discontent surrounding one of Arsenal’s major summer signings with Giroud only claiming his first Premier League goal in the Gunners’ win at West Ham in their last Premier League outing.
Plus, of course, Wenger is a proud Frenchman, who will have been delighted to see Les Bleus stop Spain from securing an incredible 25 consecutive qualification victories.
Arsenal fans will also point to Wenger’s famed acumen in the transfer market and Olivier Giroud’s excellent movement and finish, which will surely also have delighted “The Professor.”
The crazy French commentary is on the video below. Listen to Wenger’s giggle at 0.07.
Related link: Giroud wasn’t the only Arsenal player to score on international duty, Per Mertesacker claimed his first ever goal for Germany in an incredible 4-4 draw with Sweden. Video here.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”247171″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi