VIDEO: Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere apologises for ‘unacceptable’ smoking, again
It’s taken a few days, but Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere has now issued a public apology after being caught smoking whilst on his summer holidays.
Pictures came to light several days ago showing the touted future England captain pulling on a cigarette during a vacation in America.
This was the second time Wilshere had been caught smoking in his career, whilst on the initial occasion manager Arsene Wenger publicly scolded his midfielder for his unhealthy behaviour.
Although Wenger said last week he was overly concerned by the new Wilshere smoking pictures, the 22-year-old has now issued an apology on camera, saying the following:
I regret it. I’ve been seen before doing it. I said then I made a mistake and I made a mistake again
People make mistakes. I’m young, I’ll learn from it. I realise the consequences it has and the effect on kids growing up. I have kids and I don’t want them growing up to think their dad smokes and it’s OK for a footballer to smoke because it’s not.
It’s unacceptable and I will accept the consequences and move on.
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho trolls Arsenal ahead of clash with Tottenham HotspurDecember 10, 2016
- Wenger compares Alexis Sanchez to ultimate Arsenal legendDecember 10, 2016
- Per Mertesacker “couldn’t believe” he was given the Arsenal captaincy after suffering injuryDecember 10, 2016
- Pep Guardiola claims FIFA need to change the way substitutes workDecember 10, 2016
- Ray Wilkins is surely taking the pi*s with views on what Arsenal should do with Mesut OzilDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal not interested in bringing Wilshere back despite crocked Cazorla [Times]December 2, 2016
- Danny Welbeck trolled Jack Wilshere after Arsenal scored v Bournemouth (Video)November 27, 2016
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger confirms new contract offer for Bournemouth’s Jack WilshereNovember 25, 2016