VIDEO: Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere apologises for ‘unacceptable’ smoking, again
- July 27, 2014
It’s taken a few days, but Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere has now issued a public apology after being caught smoking whilst on his summer holidays.
Pictures came to light several days ago showing the touted future England captain pulling on a cigarette during a vacation in America.
This was the second time Wilshere had been caught smoking in his career, whilst on the initial occasion manager Arsene Wenger publicly scolded his midfielder for his unhealthy behaviour.
Although Wenger said last week he was overly concerned by the new Wilshere smoking pictures, the 22-year-old has now issued an apology on camera, saying the following:
I regret it. I’ve been seen before doing it. I said then I made a mistake and I made a mistake again
People make mistakes. I’m young, I’ll learn from it. I realise the consequences it has and the effect on kids growing up. I have kids and I don’t want them growing up to think their dad smokes and it’s OK for a footballer to smoke because it’s not.
It’s unacceptable and I will accept the consequences and move on.
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Arsene Wenger smashes the Arsenal crossbar challenge with first attempt (Video)
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby signs for Marseille (BBC)
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- Santi Cazorla and Francis Coquelin take part in Arsenal fan Q&A (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi