Video: Arsenal striker Gervinho scores terrific winner for Ivory Coast v Togo
- January 22, 2013
Arsenal fans prepare to be shocked!
Gervinho may not have scored for Arsenal since the beginning of October but the much maligned forward produced a stand out performance for the Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations in a 2-1 win over Togo.
The Arsenal attacker set up Ivory Coast’s opener for Yaya Toure and then won the match on 88 minutes with an impudent flick from a free-kick by the Manchester City midfielder.
Some Arsenal fans have already joked that Gervinho should have headed in the free-kick but the clip below suggests Arsene Wenger may actually know best!
Video of Gervinho’s winner v Togo is below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]