Video: Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom scores 2 for England U19s
- February 6, 2013
For some years there has been hype about young Arsenal striker Chuba Akpom.
On Tuesday evening, we may have seen the first glimpses of the 18-year-old’s talent as he scored a clinically taken brace in England Under-19s 3-1 win over Denmark.
Akpom’s opener came on 19 minutes as the Arsenal forward swept home after Denmark had failed to clear.
Nine minutes later, Akpom claimed a second, when England again dispossessed the Danes in their own half and the Arsenal hitman was set up for a second time by Birmingham’s Nathan Redmond.
The Arsenal striker was later taken off before he could add to his tally but he is really making a name for himself at Under-19 international level.
Akpom has now claimed five goals in four appearances this season for England Under-19s, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will surely be aware of these impressive statistics.
Footage of Chuba Akpom’s brace v Denmark Under-19s is on the video below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]