Video: Arsenal forward Gervinho scores again for Ivory Coast v Tunisia
- January 26, 2013
Arsenal fans would be forgiven for refusing to believe what they are hearing and seeing from the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.
Quite simply, Gervinho, who has struggled for much of his time under Arsene Wenger at Arsenal, is currently the star turn in the Ivory Coast side that is favourites to win the tournament.
On Tuesday, Gervinho scored a fine winner v Togo and also bagged an assist. Today, the Arsenal striker scored the opener and set up a late third in a 3-0 win over Tunisia.
Incredibly, a player who looks like he couldn’t hit a barn door for Arsenal, has now bagged four goals in his last three games for Ivory Coast.
Gervinho’s goal v Tunisia is on the video below. If he can return to Arsenal showing his Ivory Coast form, maybe there will be serious competition for the likes of Theo Walcott, Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski…
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...