- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers: ‘We were outstanding’ / Wenger: A draw was the fair result’ [Video]
Video: Arsenal fans throw a banana at Gareth Bale
It could well be the image that defines today’s north London derby, with Arsenal fans throwing a banana at Gareth Bale as the Welsh flyer looked to take a corner in the first half.
In the build-up to Tottenham’s 2-1 win over Arsenal, there were a large number of comparisons between Spurs’ star man and the fact Gooners believe he looks like a monkey.
See related article: Pics of Gareth Bale as a monkey do the rounds on Arsenal sites ahead of the NLD.
Once the banana hit the White Hart Lane turf from the Arsenal end, pictures were spread across social networks of the linesman picking up said piece of fruit.
What do we think of this banter?
Acceptable from the Arsenal fans?
Or, just proof that Tottenham finally have a world class player in their ranks?
- Updated: March 3, 2013