Video. Alisher Usmanov tells CNBC of his dream to control Arsenal
- December 20, 2012
Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov has spoken to CNBC about his “dream” to control the Premier League club and what he would do should such a situation ever arise.
Usmanov’s Red and White Holdings owns 29.9 per cent of Arsenal, whilst Stan Kroenke boasts a 66.7 per cent share of the Premier League club and the Uzbek has no say currently at all at the Emirates.
The hugely wealthy Russian talks to CNBC on a wide range of topics connected to Arsenal, including his respect for Arsene Wenger, surprise at the sale of Robin van Persie and what he would do if offered more involvement.
He also discusses Arsenal missing out on players such as Eden Hazard and whether he would like to sign Lionel Messi for the north London club.
Do Arsenal fans want Alisher Usmanov to take over the club from Stan Kroenke? Watch the video below and let us know in the comments.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”279329″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...