[Video] A week ahead of the north London derby, Spurs U21s beat Arsenal 4-2
- February 27, 2013
Just 8 days before one of the most eagerly awaited north London derbies for some time, the young sides of Tottenham and Arsenal played out a goal-laden match in the Barclays Under-21 Premier League Elite Group on Saturday.
The build-up to Sunday’s Premier League encounter has already started with comparisons between Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott likely to be plentiful.
On Saturday it was Tottenham’s Under-21 side that bagged the north London bragging rights with a 4-2 win after going behind to an early Chuba Akpom goal.
Former Manchester United trainee Zeki Fryers equalised for Spurs before a penalty from Laste Dombaxe put them 2-1 up.
Jack Munns was the Tottenham hero in the second half with a brace and Chuba Akpom also claimed a double for Arsenal. (Akpom scored two for England Under-19s earlier in February.)
Other notable youngsters to feature, included Gareth Bale lookalike Kenny McEvoy who bagged an assist and Serge Gnabry who appeared for Arsenal having played for Arsene Wenger’s first team this season.
There were reports of scuffles at this Under-21 north London derby, between Spurs midfielder Dean Parrett and Arsenal’s Sead Hajrovic – see picture above – but they did not make the video, provided by Tottenham’s official YouTube channel.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi