[Video] A week ahead of the north London derby, Spurs U21s beat Arsenal 4-2
- February 27, 2013
Just 8 days before one of the most eagerly awaited north London derbies for some time, the young sides of Tottenham and Arsenal played out a goal-laden match in the Barclays Under-21 Premier League Elite Group on Saturday.
The build-up to Sunday’s Premier League encounter has already started with comparisons between Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott likely to be plentiful.
On Saturday it was Tottenham’s Under-21 side that bagged the north London bragging rights with a 4-2 win after going behind to an early Chuba Akpom goal.
Former Manchester United trainee Zeki Fryers equalised for Spurs before a penalty from Laste Dombaxe put them 2-1 up.
Jack Munns was the Tottenham hero in the second half with a brace and Chuba Akpom also claimed a double for Arsenal. (Akpom scored two for England Under-19s earlier in February.)
Other notable youngsters to feature, included Gareth Bale lookalike Kenny McEvoy who bagged an assist and Serge Gnabry who appeared for Arsenal having played for Arsene Wenger’s first team this season.
There were reports of scuffles at this Under-21 north London derby, between Spurs midfielder Dean Parrett and Arsenal’s Sead Hajrovic – see picture above – but they did not make the video, provided by Tottenham’s official YouTube channel.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...