[Video] A week ahead of the north London derby, Spurs U21s beat Arsenal 4-2
- February 27, 2013
Just 8 days before one of the most eagerly awaited north London derbies for some time, the young sides of Tottenham and Arsenal played out a goal-laden match in the Barclays Under-21 Premier League Elite Group on Saturday.
The build-up to Sunday’s Premier League encounter has already started with comparisons between Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott likely to be plentiful.
On Saturday it was Tottenham’s Under-21 side that bagged the north London bragging rights with a 4-2 win after going behind to an early Chuba Akpom goal.
Former Manchester United trainee Zeki Fryers equalised for Spurs before a penalty from Laste Dombaxe put them 2-1 up.
Jack Munns was the Tottenham hero in the second half with a brace and Chuba Akpom also claimed a double for Arsenal. (Akpom scored two for England Under-19s earlier in February.)
Other notable youngsters to feature, included Gareth Bale lookalike Kenny McEvoy who bagged an assist and Serge Gnabry who appeared for Arsenal having played for Arsene Wenger’s first team this season.
There were reports of scuffles at this Under-21 north London derby, between Spurs midfielder Dean Parrett and Arsenal’s Sead Hajrovic – see picture above – but they did not make the video, provided by Tottenham’s official YouTube channel.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...