Victor Valdes writes classy letter to bid farewell to Barcelona [English translation]
- May 14, 2014
Victor Valdes was in terrific form before picking up an injury in Barcelona’s n the 3-0 win over Celta Vigo in March.
The much-maligned goalkeeper proved himself to be super reliable over the past few seasons and missed the run-in for Barcelona as well as the World Cup for Spain.
Valdes now seems set to join Monaco, despite interest from Manchester City, and bade farewell to his Barcelona team mates earlier this week.
He has also written a classy farewell letter to Barcelona and their fans across the globe.
Thanking a whole host of coaches. Valdes credits Louis van Gaal for “building this historic Barça side, which I have been privileged to be part of.”
And, he goes on to credit Frank Rijkaard, Pep Guardiola and Tito Vilanova… but not Tata Martino.
Before crediting the fans…
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez stars as Office Guy in brilliant Abitab advert (Video)
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi credits his teammates for enabling him to use his individual talents (Video)
- Barcelona recall Messi’s 5 goals against Leverkusen in 2011-12 Champions League (...
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...