Victor Valdes writes classy letter to bid farewell to Barcelona [English translation]
- May 14, 2014
Victor Valdes was in terrific form before picking up an injury in Barcelona’s n the 3-0 win over Celta Vigo in March.
The much-maligned goalkeeper proved himself to be super reliable over the past few seasons and missed the run-in for Barcelona as well as the World Cup for Spain.
Valdes now seems set to join Monaco, despite interest from Manchester City, and bade farewell to his Barcelona team mates earlier this week.
He has also written a classy farewell letter to Barcelona and their fans across the globe.
Thanking a whole host of coaches. Valdes credits Louis van Gaal for “building this historic Barça side, which I have been privileged to be part of.”
And, he goes on to credit Frank Rijkaard, Pep Guardiola and Tito Vilanova… but not Tata Martino.
Before crediting the fans…
- Louis Van Gaal offers Barcelona’s Pedro starring role in terrifying front three f...
- Barcelona want to hang on to Man United bound Pedro until European Super Cup
- Watch Thomas Vermaelen’s superb all-or-nothing tackle in Barcelona’s defeat...
- Pep Guardiola backs Pedro to be a success at Man United, says he can play in any team i...
- Man United have offered Barcelona €27m for Pedro [Sport]
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi