Victor Valdes pulled off a crucial & brilliant save from Edin Dzeko before Barca opener v Man City [GIF]
- March 13, 2014
Was this the key moment of the tie between Manchester City and Barcelona?
The score was still 0-0 in the second leg, but Manchester City had looked dangerous at the start of the second half thanks to the introduction of Edin Dzeko for the injured Sergio Aguero.
Dzeko met a left wing cross with a lot of power and Valdes had to scramble the ball away – it certainly looked a lot harder on the second replay and was praised immediately as a world class save.
Had City scored at this point of the tie, the Nou Camp could well have become anxious and Manuel Pellegrini’s side would have been emboldened to push on for the equaliser.
As it was, just 14 minutes later Lionel Messi put the tie beyond reach of the Premier League side.
Victor Valdes once again proved just how important he is to Barcelona and will undoubtedly be missed once he leaves this summer.
- Pep Guardiola backs Pedro to be a success at Man United, says he can play in any team i...
- Man United have offered Barcelona €27m for Pedro [Sport]
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Man United’s Ed Woodward to travel to Barcelona tomorrow to complete €30m Pedro d...
- Fiorentina 2 – Barcelona 1: Federico Bernardeschi was at the double as Barca lose...
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez scores from Ivan Rakitic’s lovely assist v Fiorenti...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi