Victor Valdes pulled off a crucial & brilliant save from Edin Dzeko before Barca opener v Man City [GIF]
- March 13, 2014
Was this the key moment of the tie between Manchester City and Barcelona?
The score was still 0-0 in the second leg, but Manchester City had looked dangerous at the start of the second half thanks to the introduction of Edin Dzeko for the injured Sergio Aguero.
Dzeko met a left wing cross with a lot of power and Valdes had to scramble the ball away – it certainly looked a lot harder on the second replay and was praised immediately as a world class save.
Had City scored at this point of the tie, the Nou Camp could well have become anxious and Manuel Pellegrini’s side would have been emboldened to push on for the equaliser.
As it was, just 14 minutes later Lionel Messi put the tie beyond reach of the Premier League side.
Victor Valdes once again proved just how important he is to Barcelona and will undoubtedly be missed once he leaves this summer.
- Lionel Messi credits his teammates for enabling him to use his individual talents (Video)
- Barcelona recall Messi’s 5 goals against Leverkusen in 2011-12 Champions League (...
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Leo Messi shares UEFA POY award with Luis Suarez on flight home to Barcelona
- Identical: Neymar’s doppelgänger Barry Cotter (16) signs for Irish club Limerick
- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi wins the Champions League 14-15 Goal of the Season award...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...