Victor Valdes pulled off a crucial & brilliant save from Edin Dzeko before Barca opener v Man City [GIF]
Was this the key moment of the tie between Manchester City and Barcelona?
The score was still 0-0 in the second leg, but Manchester City had looked dangerous at the start of the second half thanks to the introduction of Edin Dzeko for the injured Sergio Aguero.
Dzeko met a left wing cross with a lot of power and Valdes had to scramble the ball away – it certainly looked a lot harder on the second replay and was praised immediately as a world class save.
Had City scored at this point of the tie, the Nou Camp could well have become anxious and Manuel Pellegrini’s side would have been emboldened to push on for the equaliser.
As it was, just 14 minutes later Lionel Messi put the tie beyond reach of the Premier League side.
Victor Valdes once again proved just how important he is to Barcelona and will undoubtedly be missed once he leaves this summer.
- The next generation of Leo Messi: Barcelona’s Masia-academy’s top 5 weekend...
- Barcelona’s kids scored another set of magical goals last week (Video)
- Barcelona also want Liverpool target Pierre Emerick Aubameyang [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Arda Turan bags assist for Turkey, looking sharp despite only training with Barça (Video)
- AS Roma complete permanent deals for Mohamed Salah and Edin Dzeko
- Edin Dzeko scores brilliant looping header to give Bosnia-Herzegovina lead v Belgium (V...
- Scenes: Edin Dzeko made it 2-0 v Juventus, a Roman prison goes wild (Video)
- Roma 2 – Juventus 1: Miralem Pjanic & Edin Dzeko shoot down 10-man Juve (Hig...
- Rio Ferdinand slams Man United boss LVG and brands club as unrecognisable
- FPL managers bemoan another Man City international injury, to Aleksandr Kolarov [Tweets]
- Man City legend Elano scores for Chennaiyin FC at Goa (official video)
- Sir Alex Ferguson reveals reason he declined to sign David Silva when he was at Valenci...