Victor Valdes is close to signing for Manchester City [L’Equipe]
Its been rumoured for a few weeks now, but it is looking increasingly certain that Victor Valdes will be playing for Manchester City next season.
Reliable French newspaper L’Equipe report today that Victor Valdes is close to signing for Manchester City when he leaves Barcelona on a free transfer at the end of the season.
Valdes has run his contract down and was thought to have an agreement with Monaco, but this reportedly included an exit clause whereby Manchester City will have to pay Monaco a small fee for the signing of the Spanish keeper.
The 32-year-old keeper is now understood to be keen on a move to the Etihad and to challenge himself in the Premier League.
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo add that Valdes held informal discussions last week with Manchester City officials, including Txiki Beguiristain, who was sporting director at Barcelona from 2003 until 2010.
If this transfer does come to fruition, there will be plenty of speculation about the future of Manchester City and England number one Joe Hart.
- Was he sick? Leo Messi popped a pill during Barcelona’s win over Roma (Video)
- Is Barcelona’s MSN the greatest strike force ever? Many people believe so [Tweets]
- Luis Suarez’s exquisite volley for Barcelona v Roma (Official Video)
- Unreal fan cam footage of Luis Suarez’s magical volley for Barcelona v Roma (Instagram Video)
- Robinho speaks about his Manchester City spell in new feature-length interview (Video)
- Uefa 2015 Team of the Year nominees released, only includes one player from Arsenal & Chelsea
- After dumping Marouane Fellaini, Playboy model dumps Man City teenager [Nieuwsblad]
- Jamie Carragher & Gary Neville dissect Man City 1 – Liverpool 4 (Video)