Victor Valdes holds transfer discussions with Arsenal but looks set to choose Monaco [Sunday Times]
- October 13, 2013
Despite the fact Wojciech Szczęsny has been in fine form for Arsenal in the opening weeks of 2013/2014, a report in the Sunday Times today claims Arsene Wenger is still on the look out for a new keeper.
Duncan Castles claims in the Sunday Times that Arsenal have held transfer discussions with Barcelona’s Victor Valdes, who is out of contract at the end of this season.
Valdes’ future has been the subject of many column inches in Spain with Barcelona still somewhat hopeful of extending his deal whilst also preparing for his departure with rumours surrounding the likes of Pepe Reina, Thibaut Courtois and Andre ter Stegen as potential replacements.
Monaco were long thought to be favourites to sign Valdes as they are thought to have offered a major contract to the Spanish keeper described by Castles as “tax-free millions” and “lucrative terms.”
Valdes has been in excellent form in recent weeks and you can understand why Arsenal would move for one of the best keepers in the world on current form.
There were also strong rumours linking Arsenal with a move for Aston Villa keeper Brad Guzan, via the official MLS website, last week.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...