Victor Valdes holds transfer discussions with Arsenal but looks set to choose Monaco [Sunday Times]
Despite the fact Wojciech Szczęsny has been in fine form for Arsenal in the opening weeks of 2013/2014, a report in the Sunday Times today claims Arsene Wenger is still on the look out for a new keeper.
Duncan Castles claims in the Sunday Times that Arsenal have held transfer discussions with Barcelona’s Victor Valdes, who is out of contract at the end of this season.
Valdes’ future has been the subject of many column inches in Spain with Barcelona still somewhat hopeful of extending his deal whilst also preparing for his departure with rumours surrounding the likes of Pepe Reina, Thibaut Courtois and Andre ter Stegen as potential replacements.
Monaco were long thought to be favourites to sign Valdes as they are thought to have offered a major contract to the Spanish keeper described by Castles as “tax-free millions” and “lucrative terms.”
Valdes has been in excellent form in recent weeks and you can understand why Arsenal would move for one of the best keepers in the world on current form.
There were also strong rumours linking Arsenal with a move for Aston Villa keeper Brad Guzan, via the official MLS website, last week.
- Ozil celebrates Arsenal’s win v Zagreb on Instagram, Wenger hopes the German gets a taste f...
- Hector Bellerin says Arsenal will plays for their lives against Olympiakos (Video)
- Gunnerblog wonders how Arsenal lost to Dinamo Zagreb in the 1st game after tonight’s win (V...
- Outrageous: Alexis Sanchez takes ball down with his neck in Arsenal win v Dinamo Zagreb (Official...
- Was he sick? Leo Messi popped a pill during Barcelona’s win over Roma (Video)
- Is Barcelona’s MSN the greatest strike force ever? Many people believe so [Tweets]
- Luis Suarez’s exquisite volley for Barcelona v Roma (Official Video)
- Unreal fan cam footage of Luis Suarez’s magical volley for Barcelona v Roma (Instagram Video)