- Rafael and David De Gea post on Instagram after Man United’s 0-0 draw at Spurs
- Cesc Fabregas’ 13 assists equals last seasons PL record [Graphic]
- Man United fan Adam McKola: Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris was like David De Gea today [Video]
- Owen Hargreaves: Man Utd need defensive reinforcements in January [Video]
- Scottish pundit Alan McInally accidentally swore live on Sky Sports News [Vine]
Victor Valdes holds transfer discussions with Arsenal but looks set to choose Monaco [Sunday Times]
Despite the fact Wojciech Szczęsny has been in fine form for Arsenal in the opening weeks of 2013/2014, a report in the Sunday Times today claims Arsene Wenger is still on the look out for a new keeper.
Duncan Castles claims in the Sunday Times that Arsenal have held transfer discussions with Barcelona’s Victor Valdes, who is out of contract at the end of this season.
Valdes’ future has been the subject of many column inches in Spain with Barcelona still somewhat hopeful of extending his deal whilst also preparing for his departure with rumours surrounding the likes of Pepe Reina, Thibaut Courtois and Andre ter Stegen as potential replacements.
Monaco were long thought to be favourites to sign Valdes as they are thought to have offered a major contract to the Spanish keeper described by Castles as “tax-free millions” and “lucrative terms.”
Valdes has been in excellent form in recent weeks and you can understand why Arsenal would move for one of the best keepers in the world on current form.
There were also strong rumours linking Arsenal with a move for Aston Villa keeper Brad Guzan, via the official MLS website, last week.
- Updated: October 13, 2013