Victor Valdes determined to make AS Monaco move despite club calling deal off [Reports]
- July 4, 2014
A bizarre story from Spain, this.
Former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes was understood to have had an agreement with AS Monaco upon leaving his boyhood club but the French side have called the move off after it appears Valdes hasn’t recovered from injury as encouragingly as they would liked.
Valdes tore knee ligaments in March, ending his Barcelona career in tears, leaving the field on a stretcher. And his recovery hasn’t gone according to plan if Monaco’s reservations are anything to go by.
Initially reported by Spanish site AS, Valdes’ agent Gines Carvajal has said that they will pursue the move as Valdes has already signed a four year contract with the club.
ESPN report quotes from Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev: “We have negotiated with Valdes, but he is injured — he cannot join us,” he said in quotes reported by El Mundo Deportivo. “Our coach has faith in Danijel Subasic, who is our first choice.”
It will be interesting to see how this story plays out.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...