Victor Valdes determined to make AS Monaco move despite club calling deal off [Reports]
- July 4, 2014
A bizarre story from Spain, this.
Former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes was understood to have had an agreement with AS Monaco upon leaving his boyhood club but the French side have called the move off after it appears Valdes hasn’t recovered from injury as encouragingly as they would liked.
Valdes tore knee ligaments in March, ending his Barcelona career in tears, leaving the field on a stretcher. And his recovery hasn’t gone according to plan if Monaco’s reservations are anything to go by.
Initially reported by Spanish site AS, Valdes’ agent Gines Carvajal has said that they will pursue the move as Valdes has already signed a four year contract with the club.
ESPN report quotes from Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev: “We have negotiated with Valdes, but he is injured — he cannot join us,” he said in quotes reported by El Mundo Deportivo. “Our coach has faith in Danijel Subasic, who is our first choice.”
It will be interesting to see how this story plays out.
- No evidence supports Telegraph & Guardian claims that Arsenal may sign Monaco̵...
- Layvin Kurzawa scores three fantastic volleys at Monaco training [Official Video]
- After selling Christian Benteke to Liverpool, Aston Villa are set to buy Anthony Martia...
- QPR v Monaco: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- AS Monaco complete loan signing of Stephan El Shaarawy from AC Milan [Video]
- Ciao Faraone: AC Milan post video tribute to Stephan El Shaarawy after his Monaco move
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi