Victor Valdes determined to make AS Monaco move despite club calling deal off [Reports]
- July 4, 2014
A bizarre story from Spain, this.
Former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes was understood to have had an agreement with AS Monaco upon leaving his boyhood club but the French side have called the move off after it appears Valdes hasn’t recovered from injury as encouragingly as they would liked.
Valdes tore knee ligaments in March, ending his Barcelona career in tears, leaving the field on a stretcher. And his recovery hasn’t gone according to plan if Monaco’s reservations are anything to go by.
Initially reported by Spanish site AS, Valdes’ agent Gines Carvajal has said that they will pursue the move as Valdes has already signed a four year contract with the club.
ESPN report quotes from Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev: “We have negotiated with Valdes, but he is injured — he cannot join us,” he said in quotes reported by El Mundo Deportivo. “Our coach has faith in Danijel Subasic, who is our first choice.”
It will be interesting to see how this story plays out.
- Chelsea close to signing Monaco’s Aymen Abdennour after giving up John Stones chase
- Manuel Pellegrini didn’t know Manchester City were selling Marco ‘Rony̵...
- Manchester City contradict Manuel Pellegrini by selling Marcos Lopes to Monaco
- Monaco v PSG: Watch a Live Stream
- Chelsea submit £39m bid for 19-year-old Monaco striker Anthony Martial [AS]
- Monaco v Lille: Watch a Live Stream
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...