Vasco youngster Matheus Indio set for Arsenal trial [Video Evidence]
- February 10, 2013
Breaking news from Brazil this Sunday evening reveals that as Andre Santos heads out of Arsenal, Arsene Wenger is planning on trialling a highly rated youngster from Vasco de Gama.
Matheus Indio, a highly-rated teenage midfielder, has reportedly been tracked by Arsenal for some time and will spend a few days with the Gunners on trial.
Indio told Globo Esporte: “I’m anxious for this new stage in my life. I’ll spend a week at Arsenal. It will be cool, I hope I enjoy it. Of course I have the dream of playing for a European club, but everything has its right time. It will be a good experience. I want to learn.”
With Arsenal having failed to bring in a big-name signing in the January transfer window, besides virtual unknown Nacho Monreal, Gooners will be well used to Arsene Wenger attempting to pluck diamonds from the rough.
The Vasco midfielder, contracted to the Rio side until 2015, also expressed his admiration for Arsenal forward Theo Walcott: “I like him a lot. His style of play is very fast, which pleases me.”
Video evidence of Matheus Indio in action was not easy to come by. Below is a free-kick scored two years ago for Brazil Under-15s v Colombia.
That’s a decent left foot!
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...