Vasco youngster Matheus Indio set for Arsenal trial [Video Evidence]
- February 10, 2013
Breaking news from Brazil this Sunday evening reveals that as Andre Santos heads out of Arsenal, Arsene Wenger is planning on trialling a highly rated youngster from Vasco de Gama.
Matheus Indio, a highly-rated teenage midfielder, has reportedly been tracked by Arsenal for some time and will spend a few days with the Gunners on trial.
Indio told Globo Esporte: “I’m anxious for this new stage in my life. I’ll spend a week at Arsenal. It will be cool, I hope I enjoy it. Of course I have the dream of playing for a European club, but everything has its right time. It will be a good experience. I want to learn.”
With Arsenal having failed to bring in a big-name signing in the January transfer window, besides virtual unknown Nacho Monreal, Gooners will be well used to Arsene Wenger attempting to pluck diamonds from the rough.
The Vasco midfielder, contracted to the Rio side until 2015, also expressed his admiration for Arsenal forward Theo Walcott: “I like him a lot. His style of play is very fast, which pleases me.”
Video evidence of Matheus Indio in action was not easy to come by. Below is a free-kick scored two years ago for Brazil Under-15s v Colombia.
That’s a decent left foot!
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]