- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Vandals damage an Iker Casillas monument, tag graffiti saying Diego López is a better goalie
Pictures are being spread around on Tuesday showing a defaced monument dedicated to Real Madrid and Spanish goalie Iker Casillas.
The past few weeks have seen several awkward moments between Real Madrid stoppers Iker Casillas and Diego López.
After a season in which he’s been forced onto the sidelines, Iker Casillas was accused of intentionally snubbing Diego López before the Levante game several weeks ago, while last weekend Iker appeared to over-compensate in his affection towards López when he made sure to kiss his rival keeper before the match with Real Betis.
Amid the rumoured animosity between the two Madrid custodians, vandals have had their say on the Iker-López spat overnight.
Vandalising a monument in the city of Móstoles, the unknown perpetrators erased an image of Casillas on the centre-piece whilst also scrawling the message that López is “the best keeper.”
Are Real Madrid fans turning on captain Iker?
A picture of the damaged Iker Casillas monument can be seen below.
- Updated: April 23, 2013