Vandals damage an Iker Casillas monument, tag graffiti saying Diego López is a better goalie
- April 23, 2013
Pictures are being spread around on Tuesday showing a defaced monument dedicated to Real Madrid and Spanish goalie Iker Casillas.
The past few weeks have seen several awkward moments between Real Madrid stoppers Iker Casillas and Diego López.
After a season in which he’s been forced onto the sidelines, Iker Casillas was accused of intentionally snubbing Diego López before the Levante game several weeks ago, while last weekend Iker appeared to over-compensate in his affection towards López when he made sure to kiss his rival keeper before the match with Real Betis.
Amid the rumoured animosity between the two Madrid custodians, vandals have had their say on the Iker-López spat overnight.
Vandalising a monument in the city of Móstoles, the unknown perpetrators erased an image of Casillas on the centre-piece whilst also scrawling the message that López is “the best keeper.”
Are Real Madrid fans turning on captain Iker?
A picture of the damaged Iker Casillas monument can be seen below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]