- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Vandals damage an Iker Casillas monument, tag graffiti saying Diego López is a better goalie
Pictures are being spread around on Tuesday showing a defaced monument dedicated to Real Madrid and Spanish goalie Iker Casillas.
The past few weeks have seen several awkward moments between Real Madrid stoppers Iker Casillas and Diego López.
After a season in which he’s been forced onto the sidelines, Iker Casillas was accused of intentionally snubbing Diego López before the Levante game several weeks ago, while last weekend Iker appeared to over-compensate in his affection towards López when he made sure to kiss his rival keeper before the match with Real Betis.
Amid the rumoured animosity between the two Madrid custodians, vandals have had their say on the Iker-López spat overnight.
Vandalising a monument in the city of Móstoles, the unknown perpetrators erased an image of Casillas on the centre-piece whilst also scrawling the message that López is “the best keeper.”
Are Real Madrid fans turning on captain Iker?
A picture of the damaged Iker Casillas monument can be seen below.
- Updated: April 23, 2013