Vandals damage an Iker Casillas monument, tag graffiti saying Diego López is a better goalie
- April 23, 2013
Pictures are being spread around on Tuesday showing a defaced monument dedicated to Real Madrid and Spanish goalie Iker Casillas.
The past few weeks have seen several awkward moments between Real Madrid stoppers Iker Casillas and Diego López.
After a season in which he’s been forced onto the sidelines, Iker Casillas was accused of intentionally snubbing Diego López before the Levante game several weeks ago, while last weekend Iker appeared to over-compensate in his affection towards López when he made sure to kiss his rival keeper before the match with Real Betis.
Amid the rumoured animosity between the two Madrid custodians, vandals have had their say on the Iker-López spat overnight.
Vandalising a monument in the city of Móstoles, the unknown perpetrators erased an image of Casillas on the centre-piece whilst also scrawling the message that López is “the best keeper.”
Are Real Madrid fans turning on captain Iker?
A picture of the damaged Iker Casillas monument can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...