Van Ginkel’s agent: Chelsea had very serious talks with his client, Jose called [Gelderlander]
- June 25, 2013
Talk that Chelsea may sign Marco Van Ginkel has been swishing around since before the U21 European Championships kicked off in Israel, and it’s still unclear whether the Blues will land the talented Dutch midfielder this summer.
The latest update in Chelsea’s pursuit of the Vitesse Arnhem centre-mid has come from the player’s agent in an interview with Dutch media outlet de Gelderlander on Tuesday.
Van Ginkel’s agent Karel Jansen appears to be trying to engineer a bidding race for his client, saying that Chelsea have held “very serious” talks with the 20-year-old, however “there are big clubs interested also.”
Jansen went further, disclosing that Jose Mourinho has personally called Van Ginkel to discuss the potential transfer, and “it was a very positive conversation.”
Whilst Van Ginkel’s agent failed to discuss which other clubs are snooping around his client, it is widely believed that Ajax would love to sign the Dutch starlet whilst there are also sugestions that Manchester United could be eyeing the player too.
Video footage of Marco van Ginkel in action can be seen below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]