- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Van Gaal wants Roy Keane as an assistant at Man United as Glazers get ready for 2nd meeting [Independent]
- Updated: April 23, 2014
Is Louis van Gaal and Roy Keane the dream team ready to return Manchester United to their former glories?
The Independent have an exclusive story on their Thursday backpage in which the broadsheet claims that Louis van Gaal, the frontrunner to succeed David Moyes as the next United boss, wants to bring Roy Keane in with him as an assistant.
The headline on the rear of the paper reads “Keane in line for assistant job as United want ‘thread’ to past glory”.
Inside the article readers are told:
The Glazers, who also have the Real Madrid manager, Carlo Ancelotti, in mind, are understood to be ready to undertake a second meeting with Van Gaal in Portugal, possibly later this week, and there appears to be substance to suggestions that the 62-year-old wants (Roy) Keane to join him, as someone familiar with the terrain who has managerial experience.
Van Gaal’s appreciation of Keane goes back to 2001, when the midfielder’s brilliance helped prevent the Dutchman’s Netherlands team from qualifying for the 2022 World Cup.
The story in the Independent coincides with the bombastic headline in the Mirror also reporting that the Glazers are heading to Manchester United to take care of business.