- Two of the weirdest pitch invaders ever took the field during Basel v Real Madrid [Vine]
- Liverpool’s 11 men couldn’t stop 5 Ludogorets attackers with 1 on the floor [Picture]
- Steven Gerrard panned as Liverpool let lead slip to draw 2-2 at Ludogorets [Tweets]
- Arsenal happily impress beating Borussia Dortmund 2-0, qualify for CL last-16 [Tweets]
- Mesut Ozil got excited about Alexis Sanchez’s goal for Arsenal v Dortmund on Twitter
Van Gaal & Carlo Ancelotti top Man United shortlist to fill managerial void left by Moyes [Independent]
On Tuesday morning it was confirmed David Moyes had been sacked as manager of Manchester United.
Within hours, a host of top managers were linked to the vacant position with Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola ruling themselves out.
With Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly making the decision once again, Holland boss Louis Van Gaal and Real Madrid manager Carlon Ancelotti reportedly top his shortlist.
Van Gaal’s contract is due to run out in the summer and his name has been heavily linked to Spurs.
The manager’s job at Manchester United would certainly be a hard one to turn down with the Independent claiming Diego Simeone is considered back-up if United fail with the more experienced managers.
The Sun are also running a similar story in tomorrow’s back page (below).
- Updated: April 22, 2014