- Alessio Cerci agrees to join Milan, paving way for Fernando Torres to return to Atletico Madrid [Sky Italia]
- Awkward! Flamini thought he’d won MOTM until he was told to give it to Alexis Sanchez [Vine]
- Arsenal boss Wenger: ‘Santi Cazorla is a nice guy, he let Alexis Sanchez take the penalty’ [Video]
- John Terry Instagrams pic of West Ham fans taunting him, ‘They were wishing me Happy Christmas!’
- Barça’s Luis Suarez: ‘It’s easy playing with Messi & Neymar, they do such incredible things’ [Video]
Van Gaal & Carlo Ancelotti top Man United shortlist to fill managerial void left by Moyes [Independent]
On Tuesday morning it was confirmed David Moyes had been sacked as manager of Manchester United.
Within hours, a host of top managers were linked to the vacant position with Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola ruling themselves out.
With Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly making the decision once again, Holland boss Louis Van Gaal and Real Madrid manager Carlon Ancelotti reportedly top his shortlist.
Van Gaal’s contract is due to run out in the summer and his name has been heavily linked to Spurs.
The manager’s job at Manchester United would certainly be a hard one to turn down with the Independent claiming Diego Simeone is considered back-up if United fail with the more experienced managers.
The Sun are also running a similar story in tomorrow’s back page (below).
- Updated: April 22, 2014