- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
USMNT coach Jurgen Klinsmann explains decision to cut Landon Donovan from final World Cup squad [Video]
USA coach Jurgen Klinnsman dropped a major shock last night, as he cut Mr All America Landon Donovan from his final World Cup squad.
Klinsmann named a provisional 30-man list, which was cut down to 23 last night, and 156-cap Landon Donovan was one of the fall guys.
One of the US’ best players in South Africa 4 years ago, the decision has caused a pretty big stir stateside, as Klinsmann for Chris Wondolowski, who’s just a year younger and a much less experienced, proven player.
Klinsmann explained his decision to the media today, saying it’s not just a 1-week knee-jerk decision, but a 3-year project, and that the other 4 strikers were ‘just a few steps ahead’ of Donovan in certain areas.
Interestingly, Klinsmann used language to collectivise the decision, saying ‘we coaches’, by way of distancing himself from sole responsibility.
- Updated: May 23, 2014