- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Useless, Clueless & Gutless: The Mirror’s brilliant Sunderland player ratings v Swansea
It was another disastrous weekend for Sunderland and their supporters.
Despite have got rid of Paolo Di Canio after the Italian was allowed to completely reshape Sunderland’s team in the summer, new boss Gus Poyet was left flat and dejected after the Black Cats were taken to the cleaners in a rampant second half at Swansea.
The Liberty Stadium sat back and enjoyed the Welshmen stick four past Sunderland after the interval, and the result laid bare the ineptitude and lack of confidence which exists at the Stadium of Light at the minute.
The Mirror’s journalist Neil McLeman has poured more fuel on Sunderland’s raging fire on Monday by printing a brilliant set of player ratings for Sunderland’s performance at Swansea.
Employing words like useless, clueless and gutless, the red top hack tore Sunderland’s players a new one with his pissed off evaluation of their shift in Wales. The most brutal assessment was reserved for defender Phil Bardsley.
See the Sunderland player ratings below.
- Updated: October 21, 2013