Usain Bolt & Yohan Blake turn up & play in six-a-side league in Uxbridge
- August 30, 2012
Quality video has emerged of the world’s fastest man and his Jamaican sprint team mates turning up at a 6-aside match in Uxbridge just after their London 2012 Olympics success.
Kudos to the Daily Mirror for uncovering this footage and there will be no doubt be plenty of interest in Usain Bolt’s brief appearances on the video below following his very public proclamations that he wants to play for Manchester United.
Bolt was at Old Trafford on Saturday for Manchester United’s win over Fulham and even had talks with Sir Alex Ferguson but whilst he may be pacey the jury remains very firmly out whether the speedster can cut it at the highest level.
Along with Yohan Blake, Warren Weir and Asafa Powell, Bolt was training at Uxbridge University when they simply chanced upon a six-a-side game and were unsurprisingly allowed to join in.
Leisure Leagues manager Sarah Gooding told the Daily Mirror: “Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake walked up to our members of staff on site and asked if anyone could play. To say we were amazed would be an understatement. We said they would be more than welcome and Usain, Yohan, Warren, Asafa and all their coaches joined up with one of the teams to show what they could do! Our players’ jaws hit the floor! They played for a team called The Underdogs, who lost the match.”
The two videos posted on YouTube of Usain Bolt playing six-a-side in Uxbridge can be seen below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”223216″]
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”223215″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi